2019 Royal Rumble Predictions

2019 Royal Rumble Predictions


What better way to kick off my new year of blogging, than with some predictions for this year's Royal Rumble PPV! So, let's cut out the small talk and get right to it!

Cruiserweight Championship - Buddy Murphy vs. Kalisto vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Hideo Itami


Buddy Murphy asked the GM for more competition, and well, he got it! Two out of the three opponents for Murphy in this match have been Cruiserweight Champion before. Multi-man matches are always difficult to predict, but I can see this match going two different ways. The first way, is Murphy backing up his words and retaining his title. The second way, is that Hideo Itami wins the match and becomes Cruiserweight Champion for the very first time. Despite me giving two options here, I'm only going to choose one as my prediction.
Predicted Winner: Buddy Murphy

United States Championship - Rusev vs. Shinsuke Nakamura


I'm honestly disappointed with the amount of build-up that this match has had. However, I still expect it to be a good, solid match because both Rusev and Shinsuke are great performers. Though this match could honestly go either way, I believe that Rusev will be retaining his United States Championship tonight. 
Predicted Winner: Rusev

The Bar vs. Shane McMahon & The Miz


Right here, we've got The Bar defending their titles against the unlikely duo of Shane McMahon and The Miz. The Bar have basically beaten every known tag team on Smackdown Live. If this Miz and Shane storyline is going to go the way that I think it will, then I have no doubt in my mind that they will defeat The Bar for the tag team titles tonight. After they win tonight, I think that they will drop the titles some time around or at the Elimination Chamber PPV, and then that's when we see either Shane or the Miz turn on the other. I truly think that we are getting Shane McMahon vs. The Miz at Wrestlemania 35.
Predicted Winner: Shane McMahon & The Miz

Smackdown Women's Championship - Asuka vs. Becky Lynch


There is no doubt that ever since this past SummerSlam, Becky Lynch has the been the most talked about superstar in WWE. I'm sure if there was a reasonable way to have Becky win this match AND the women's Royal Rumble match, then WWE would book it. Unfortunately, I just don't see it being possible or fair to Asuka. Therefore, I think Asuka retains her title tonight. Though, I am most interested in seeing how they book this match to where it makes both women look good. 
Predicted Winner: Asuka

RAW Women's Championship - Ronda Rousey vs. Sasha Banks


There have been heavy rumors floating around the last week or two about Ronda Rousey's status after Wrestlemania 35. However, I don't think that those rumors have any effect on how this match goes. As much as I want Sasha to win tonight, I just don't think that she will. If Ronda loses the title before Wrestlemania, then I will be highly surprised. Despite the fact that Sasha is most likely going to lose tonight, I still see another title in her near future. I believe that we will see Sasha and Bayley become the Women's Tag Team Champions at the Elimination Chamber PPV. The same PPV and match that nearly ended their friendship last year. 
Predicted Winner: Ronda Rousey

WWE Championship - Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles


This has definitely been the most interesting feud on Smackdown Live for the past month or so. We've seen everything from Daniel Bryan cutting great, heel promos while wearing cardigan sweaters, to AJ Styles encouraging fans to eat, drink, and do whatever they want. I'm hoping for another great match between these two tonight. I love AJ Styles, but I think that Daniel Bryan defends our planet as only he knows how and continues his reign as WWE Champion.  
Predicted Winner: Daniel Bryan

Universal Championship Match- Brock Lesnar vs Finn Balor


For me, this is the most unpredictable title match on the card. The way that they have been building it up, it could go either way. Vince McMahon keeps stacking the odds against Finn but Finn keeps prevailing. Paul Heyman claims that it's unfair because Brock had been preparing for Braun. Now, I've been telling people all week that I think that Finn will defeat Brock. However, I have changed my mind. I've got back and forth in my mind about this all weekend, but I think we're gonna see Brock keep that title until Wrestlemania again.
Predicted Winner: Brock Lesnar

Men's 30-Man Royal Rumble 


Trying to choose 1 person out of 30 people to win a main event title shot at Wrestlemania is very difficult. Unlike last year, the potential winner is not so obvious. Though that's the case, I think I'm gonna stick with my gut decision and go with my guy Seth Rollins.
Predicted Winner: Seth Rollins

Women's 30-Woman Royal Rumble 

Alright, if you remember when I predicted the Smackdown Women's Championship match earlier, then you should have a good idea as to who I think will win this. With the "most talked about superstar in the company" being a woman, WWE must capitalize on this the best that they can. Since I have her losing earlier in the night, I think Becky Lynch wins the Royal Rumble so she can face Ronda Rousey at Wrestlemania. Yes, this is despite my biased opinion of thinking Charlotte should win because she's my favorite.
Predicted Winner: Becky Lynch


Possible Surprise Entrants for the Royal Rumble Matches

Men's: Bray Wyatt, Shawn Michaels, Aleister Black, Batista, Kevin Owens, Pete Dunne, Kurt Angle, and Velveteen Dream.

Women's: Becky Lynch, Victoria, Toni Storm, Trish Stratus, Lita, Maria Kanellis, Candice LeRae, and Nikki Bella. 

That's all for today! Let me know what predictions you have for tonight's PPV below!

Comments

Popular Posts