WWE Evolution Thoughts & Predictions

WWE Evolution Thoughts & Predictions


As you all know, the first ever WWE all-women's PPV is coming up this Sunday. However, there have been a lot of mixed thoughts about the event since the announcement was made on RAW several months ago. So, let's address one of thoughts and issues before I get into my predictions.

The night that Evolution was announced, it was advertised all throughout the night by the commentators and superstars. For whatever reason, that seemed to annoy some fans and they complained about it all on social media. Then, when WWE begins to advertise it less, those same people get upset because it's not being advertised enough. Us fans are never happy, are we?

For whatever reason, I've seen people say a lot of negative things about the event. This is a huge step for WWE and even pro wrestling. With WWE being one of the top companies, it is amazing to see them giving the women their own PPV event. No matter what the reason is, this is a monumental moment for the women and they have earned it.

Now, let's get to the predictions.

Women's Battle Royal


Now, of course, this is going to be the hardest outcome to predict because of the amount of women in the match. I love that they added the battle royal to the card. It's a great way to make sure more women get seen at the event. There's not enough time for every woman to get a singles match, unfortunately. Now, I'm ruling out Naomi as the winner because she just won the last battle royal at Wrestlemania. Also, Asuka won the Royal Rumble, so I'm knocking her out as well. The winner gets a guaranteed title shot. With the women that have been announced, I think I've got a good prediction of who will win. 

Predicted Winner: Ember Moon
Who I Want to Win: Ember Moon or Lana

Io Shirai vs Toni Storm (Mae Young Classic Final)


When this year's Mae Young Classic competitors were announced, I didn't predict these two to be in the finals. However, here we are, with Toni Storm and Io Shirai facing off once again, but now it's in a WWE ring. I think this is the match that I am looking forward to the most. For some reason, this match slightly edges the others for me. Both have had an incredible run in the tournament so far. If you've been following WWE this year, then you know one of these women is a predictable winner. However, I don't think she wins this one tonight.

Predicted Winner: Toni Storm
Who I Want to Win: Toni Storm

Kairi Sane (c) vs Shayna Baszler (NXT Women's Championship)


This rivalry has been going on ever since last year's Mae Young Classic final. As of right now, Kairi Sane leads the series 2-1. She would break the tie by beating Shayna for the title at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn. Both women have had great careers in NXT so far. No matter what happens tonight, that success will continue as they continue their runs within the company. Now, I'm a huge Shayna fan and I really hate to say that I don't think she'll win tonight. I would love for her to win and become the first-ever 2-time NXT Women's Champion. If she proves me wrong and does win, I'd love to see her fellow buddies in NXT make sure she walks out with the title. 

Predicted Winner: Kairi Sane
Who I Want to Win: Shayna Baszler

Bayley, Sasha Banks, and Natalya vs The Riott Squad


As I mentioned earlier, I love that the battle royal was added to the card for certain reasons. However, I am glad that these six women did not end up in the battle royal. You've got three former women's champions facing off against, perhaps, the best all-women faction in WWE. Every single woman in this match are good in the ring and they'll get to prove it in a tag match at this monumental event. If my memory serves me correctly, the Riott Squad have not won a PPV match together. Unfortunately, I don't think they get that win tonight, even though I think that they should.

Predicted Winners: Bayley, Sasha, and Natalya
Who I Want to Win: The Riott Squad

Trish Stratus & Lita vs Mickie James & Alicia Fox


I was completely devastated after finding out yesterday that Alexa Bliss couldn't compete in this match due to injury. She was a major piece in building up this match. However, I have no doubt that Alicia Fox will do a great job in taking her spot. We've got two Hall of Famers going against two future Hall of Famers. We all know Alexa Bliss is a future Hall of Famer as well. With the amount of talent in this match, I know it's going to be a good one. I truly think that this match could go either way as far as who comes out with the win.

Predicted Winners: Trish & Lita
Who I Want to Win: Trish & Lita

Becky Lynch (c) vs Charlotte Flair (Smackdown Women's Championship)


If you checked out my previous blog post, then you know my thoughts on this awesome rivalry. There have been plenty of storylines where one best friend turns on the other, and this one has made itself stand out from the others. I truly think this rivalry between Charlotte and Becky is way more entertaining than the one they had fighting over the Diva's Championship. So much passion and aggression has gone into this feud, and I personally don't want it to end. Though, after tonight, I don't know what else these women could do to each other. If you know me as a wrestling fan, then you know who I want to see win this. It hurts me to say that I don't think that she will be the last woman standing tonight. 

Predicted Winner: Becky Lynch
Who I Want to Win: Charlotte Flair

Ronda Rousey (c) vs Nikki Bella (RAW Women's Championship)


These two women are arguably the biggest names in the WWE women's division today. Whether you like it or not, Nikki Bella has done a lot of women's wrestling in WWE. Ronda Rousey has done a lot for women's sports in general. Somehow, they still seem to be two of the most hated women in the company. A lot of people claim that these two can't wrestle, but here they are... wrestling in the main event of the first-ever all-women's PPV for the most well-known company in the business. Do these women deserve the hate they receive? No. Do they let that hate stop them from succeeding? No. Tonight, both women will prove their haters wrong, once again, by having a great match. 

Predicted Winner: Ronda Rousey
Who I Want to Win: Ronda Rousey

Well, those are my predictions for today. Let me know in the comments who you think will win.

This post is honor of one of my buddies, @bthepunisher. He supported female wrestlers from all over. Rest easy, B. <3

Comments

Popular Posts