NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia Predictions


NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia Predictions



Kassius Ohno vs Velveteen Dream















I personally see Velveteen Dream winning this match. Dream's match at the last NXT PPV, War Games, with Aleister Black was truly amazing. I think that Dream is riding on a wave of momentum, while Ohno doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Winner: Velveteen Dream

Undisputed Era (c) vs Authors of Pain  - NXT Tag Team Championship















There's a big chance that the Authors of Pain will be going to the main roster within the next few months. I don't see them winning the titles due to that. Plus, I think that O'Reilly and Fish can have a great run as tag champs. My prediction is that the Undisputed Era successfully retains the titles.

Winner: Undisputed Era

Ember Moon (c) vs Shayna Baszler - NXT Women's Championship














To be honest, I think both women should win this match. Ember Moon just recently won the title, and I don't think that she should lose it in her first PPV title defense. However, I think Shayna should win because she needs to continue to be seen as dominant in NXT. If this was a non-title match, I would say Shayna is going to win. Since it's not, I think we get a disqualification, or some other weird finish to this match so neither woman loses momentum. This could set up a rematch at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans.

Winner: Ember Moon by DQ

Aleister Black vs Adam Cole - Extreme Rules Match















I am predicting that this match is going to be match of the night. Not just because it's an Extreme Rules match, but because of the two superstars that are in it. My gut is telling me to pick Aleister Black to win, but my mind is telling me to pick Adam Cole. I think both of these guys could win this one. However, I think I'm going to pick Adam Cole to win this with help from his Undisputed Era mates.


Winner: Adam Cole

Andrade "Cien" Almas (c) vs Johnny Gargano - NXT Title Match














Now, if you've seen me in any Twitch TV wrestling chat the past month, then you already know what I think is going to happen in this match. I predict that Andrade successfully retains the title. However, this is because Tommaso Ciampa costs Johnny Gargano the match. It's about time for Ciampa to come back from his injury, and he's going to pick up where he left off. This will lead to Gargano and Ciampa facing off, while Andrade defends the title at the next TakeOver event.

Winner: Andrade "Cien" Almas


Let me know your predictions in the comment section below!

Stay tough, and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Great read.

    I am so looking forward to tonight's Takeover!!
    This going to be lit.

    I agree with all the predictions expect for the Women's match.
    For some reason my gut tells me Shayna is getting that title.

    Paige31

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts